Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My Gmail was Hacked and no help from Google so far!!

Two days ago, some idiot hacker broke into my Gmail account, changed my password and now has free access to all my info and mail - and I can't do a damn thing about it.

Unfortunately, the email account I opened my Gmail account with is now defunct - so I have no way to retrieve my "new" password. Google's site states that in this situation, people like me should wait for 5 (!) days of account inactivity, and then try to retrieve my password again - at which time I can answer my secret question and gain access. That would be great (not) as long as my account was truly inactive - but with the asshat hacker there keeping it active - I have no chance.

I have filled out several online forms to Google security and have sent several emails - but have heard absolutely NADA from Google.

So what gives??

The hacker used my Gmail account to request my login info from Ebay, accessed my Ebay account, changed my password there and effectively locked me out of that. BIG difference here though - Ebay, has live online help and resolved the issue right away.

I have spent the last two days changing the login info from all the accounts I had linked to my Gmail account - fortunately most had decent and diverse passwords - so no problems so far.

I opened this Blog with the intention of getting Google's attention, and to learn more about this issue. After reading several similar stories on different blogs today, I have realized that I may need to raise some hell in order to make sure I get my email account back.

Feedback anyone?

Thanks -

No comments: